Scorched Halloween (灼熱のハロウィン) refers to the events that took place between 3:30 PM of 30th and 31st October, 2095.
Response by Governments
The Japanese government never clarified any details regarding attack that destroyed the Navel Base of the Great Asian Union. Even so other countries were pressing for an official answer through diplomatic channels, or when there were requests from the mass media to disclose information, the government declined and simply states that it's a "national security secret". Though it's clear to everyone that Strategic-Class Magic was used in the the large-scale destruction, the Japanese government doesn't acknowledge this detail at all. Obviously it was meant to cover up the existence of the trump card of the Japanese military, Strategic-Class Magician Ooguro Ryuuya. There was also the need to avoid justifying the use of magic for mass killing and large-scale destruction in the battlefield. If they started acknowledging this then there'd be a high chance that other countries would respond by attacking with Strategic-Class Magic. 
It began with the Great Asian Union attacking Yokohama, where the Thesis Competition was being held. A battle arose with the JSDF 101 Independent Magic-Equipped Battalion fighting alongside Ten Master Clans' descendants, volunteers, and students present at the event.
Great Asian Union invested in aprroximately 20 large APC with wheels, 60 Bipedal tanks, and 800 combat personnel included large # of magicians.
101 Independent Magic-Equipped Battalion invested 40 man flying unit.
After the battle was finished at Yokohama, Tatsuya under the name "Special Officer" Ooguro Ryuuya activated the Strategic-Class Magic Material Burst on a vessel in Tokyo Bay, annihilating it. Afterwards, he activated the spell once more on Jinhae Naval Port and Geojedo Base offshore, destroying it in seconds and wiping out an entire fleet stationed there.
- Tatsuya is reprimanded by Yotsuba Maya who tries to convince him to hide at the Yotsuba mansion in order to avoid attention.
- USNA suspects that Japan has an unregistered Strategic-Class Magician.
- Tatsuya is forbidden by the Yotsuba to contact Major Kazama Harunobu.
- Stars starts to move.
- The other Ten Master Clans take notice, namely Saegusa Kouichi.
- The Great Asian Union had lost their registered Strategic-Class Magician Liú Yúndé, and had to give concessions to Japan.
- The Great Asian Union, having lost a prime symbol of their power, lose their standing in the global view as one of the superpowers.
- Japan request that Itsuwa Mio be sent to Sasebo.
|“||The Scorched Halloween
Future historians would look back upon this day and refer to it as such.
It was a turning point in military history, just as it was a turning point in history.
This was the day that magic was proven to have surpassed mechanical, nuclear, and biological arms.
Bared before all was the truth that magic alone determined the outcome between victory and defeat.
This was the true dawn of history for the race known as Magicians, in all of its high glory and darkest suffering.